Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day







We had a great Mother's Day. Dad took out our very underused waffle iron and made "giant waffles!" with berries. C is the only person I know that will try to eat more strawberries or blueberries than me! Then we went to the Arnold Arboretum and took a nice long walk and got to see tons of doggies and a police horse. C loves to make horse sounds at home, but was a little taken aback by how loud the horse was. So C says that the horse "roared"...a sound that we normally reserve for bears! One of my favorite parts of the day was when C and I both smelled the flowers together! C is always cuddly, but he gave me even more hugs today.

On a separate note, one thing that C discovered this weekend was match box cars. We were given a shoebox full of hand-me-down cars months ago, but kept them in a closet figuring he was too little and wouldn't be interested. I took him to the park on Friday, where he was fascinated with another boy's cars. So I took them out of the closet when we got home. C spent 30 minutes just taking out car by car and lining them up on the couch. And then "cleaning, cleaning" as he put them back in the box. For the rest of the weekend, he would exclaim that he wanted the "box of cars!"

No comments:

Post a Comment