Sunday, November 22, 2009

How Big I've Become...




Look at the changes that 11 weeks brings! While it is hard not to be a little sad that 11 weeks has gone by and that now work looms 2 weeks away, it is pretty amazing to realize how big C has gotten in the last 11 weeks. This top photo is from his first doctor's appointment when he was 4 days old. At the time he had already gained back his birth weight of over 8 pounds. He is now over 13 pounds and can smile! (Not that he was smiling when he got his shots, in fact he was screaming and crying. Who wouldn't be? Shots in the thighs are no fun).

It is also funny to think how much Matt and I have grown into being parents since this first doctors appointment too. Now we know which cry is "I'm starving" and which one is "I am tired but hate sleep, let's party!" We've gotten through diaper changes in the more challenging places (Mass Pike rest stop, Boston College ladies bathroom, Grandpa's office). And we each have our own special tricks to get him to smile.

I had one of my "really feels like a mom moment" around this doctors appointment. I got a call early one morning to reschedule, and when I answered my cell, the nurse said, "is this C's mom?" Probably the first of many times that I will be referred to as that! It felt strange but great.

Other things that I have been thinking about recently that I love about being C's mom:

  • That C is growing to be such a big, healthy and happy boy. His growing numbers make me happier (even when I get down about my not-so-quickly shrinking numbers! )
  • That our nurse says that he is so cute, and that he looks like me :)
  • That when he cries, the doctor says that he might miss the sound of his parents voices and their faces. And sure enough, he calms down when he sees us and we tell him it will be ok.
Already a lot to be thankful for. Can't wait for our first Thanksgiving this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment