Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful and tired


C's first Thanksgiving was a busy but nice one. He loved meeting new friends and spending more time with family. He slept through the whole dinner, but brought the smiles and cooing for afterwards. Little things that I am thankful for:

that C knows to smile at his grandpa almost on cue

that C got to take a nice long nap on aunt kate

that I got to spend time with friends (while C slept through screaming adults and children...not quite sure how he managed that one!)

that I had this holiday to perfect my photo techniques before Christmas (only now realized I have a ton of photos of just C, and no candids of him with family...too busy enjoying the moments to capture them.)

that I didn't totally lose my mind when pushed to my limits (yes, breaking a glass and spilling pumpkin filling all over myself when baking a pie is ok...the day will still happen)

that Matt is so patient and supportive, even when he doesn't realize that he is. And that he stepped up and cooked a turkey breast the day after Thanksgiving, with only a couple of hours notice. With no complaints.

that we had a beautiful sunny day to take some photos in my mom's garden. One of many trips that C will take there.

We are tired, but geared up for our first plane trip to New Orleans to meet Matt's siblings. Wish us luck and safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment