Monday, January 25, 2010

Sick :(

Serious looking picture, huh? While C is always serious about eating, seriousness and sleepiness took over the last week because C is sick. Last weekend he had his first fever, first baby Tylenol, first diagnosis (bronchyolitis), first bubble gum pink medicine, first pedialyte (we call it baby Gatorade). The little guy is super congested and coughs to the point that he gets sick. As our good friend put it, "oh his cough! it is so sad to see him so glum when he is normally such a happy guy."

Matt did a great job taking care of him, and I tried to pitch in at night. Last week was definitely the hardest for me to be back at work. The rationale of ,"it is just as important to go to work so C can have health insurance" is little comfort when I head out the door. Matt has also been great giving me little updates throughout the day. We are both so grateful for the 24 hour nurse line, which I could probably count on 2 hands (or more...) that we have used since C was born. Thank goodness it isn't a pay-per-call! Matt and I imagine a Seinfeld-esque file/red flag on us that says, "humor them, they are first time parents."

C seems to be on the mend...starting to smile and play again. At the end of the week, it was like he was trying to communicate, "enough of this baby Gatorade and tiny feedings...I love to eat and I can handle it, COME ON!"

Which is why even though he is serious, I like this photo. Holding the bottle is a new thing. He is now all about holding on and pulling it out...like he wants to be in control. Only problem is he doesn't know how to get it back in, which is his ultimate goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment