Sunday, October 31, 2010

Beware to kids in doggie costumes...








C had a very busy weekend. It began with his first hair cut and ended with him passed out in the car after a 1 year old's Halloween get together. His "hockey hair" is now gone. While he didn't love it, he was also really good throughout the very quick hair cut. The hairdresser wanted to know if he is always so good with new things (relatively, yes). I was fine throughout the haircut until he brought out the tiny electric shaver for around the ears.

Today C was introduced to pumpkin bread, which he loved. Then we went to the park, which was fun until his dad realized that he lost his wedding ring somewhere between the slide and the playscape. M looked and looked and finally we had to take a break and bring C home for lunch. Luckily by the time be got back to the playground, another dad had found it.

Then C and I went to one of the mother's group houses to have the kids play in costumes. We had wanted to find him a doggie costume, but we ended up going with Drew Brees football player. (We were going to do BC football, but only the pants fit...we are a little too into pumpkin bread, after all). I wasn't crazy about putting on my semi-organic eyeliner on his face for the football costume, but M had his heart set on it, and after the whole wedding-ring-fiasco, I figured I could compromise. We got the the house were a monkey and duckie costumed friends played with us. C was a little too obsessed with a buzz light year motorized kids ATV, which he had no fear "driving". Just as we were about to leave because C was exhausted from, his last little friend arrived, in a doggie costume. For anyone that has spent time with C, you know that he loves dogs. REALLY loves dogs. I am not exaggerating when I say that C took off after this kid as fast as I have ever seen him walk. He bounded after his saying "dogGIE dogGIE" and tried to pet his head. This went on a bit, and his friend was a good sport about it, but clearly looking at C like, "um, why are you so excited to see me?"

I told M this when I got home and he said, " I can't tell if that is something that we are supposed to be embarrassed about or not". It is not embarrassing, but now I know to warn any trick or treaters that come to our house: if you are dressed up as a doggie, be prepared for a special, enthusiastic welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment