Monday, December 21, 2009

On the 4th day of Matt's trip, my true love gave to me...

I am happy to report that C and I survived Matt's 4-day business trip, which happened to coincide with my second week back at work. While it wasn't easy, and we missed Matt a ton, it felt good to get through it...and to know that most work weeks will never be that hard (hopefully!)

So in the spirit of the 12 days of Christmas, here are 12 parts to our 4 days without Matt:

12 bottles pumping
11 mph driving (darn Boston commute!)
10 minutes early (leaving work because of the darn commute!)
9 outfit changes
8 day care drop offs/pick ups
7 times giving drops (for a stuffy nose)
6 minutes crying (hates putting on winter clothes, see photo!)
5 minutes warming up the car (10 degrees. Really? Why this week?!?)
4 full days of day care
3 hours of sleep (before a "I have a cold so I would like to eat in the middle of the night" feeding)
2 pizza slices (shared with a good friend...what a way to get through the first night!)
1 accident report (Yes, on my very first pick up from day care I had to sign an accident report. Luckily it was just for a scratch that a 9 month old apparently left on C's forehead. I couldn't even see said scratch, so crisis averted.

Now the more fun countdown...3 more days til Matt's birthday and 4 days til our first Christmas with C!

No comments:

Post a Comment